The James Bay Neighbourhood Association (JBNA) is a non-profit society consisting of a vibrant group of James Bay residents who care about their neighbours and their community. The JBNA was registered in 1993.
The JBNA serves as a link and conduit for residents by;
- monitoring community problems and concerns including transportation, air quality and noise issues, and
- forwarding community objectives with the James Bay Neighbourhood Plan,
- facilitating the vetting and review of rezoning applications and other land-use proposals,
- monitoring and participating in City initiatives such as harbour walkway design, parks review, pedestrian walkway project,
- providing open monthly meetings at which any resident can voice views about community matters.
Join us on the 2nd Wednesday of each month
at our 'open' meetings.
As the oldest residential neighbourhood in Victoria, James Bay contains many significant heritage homes that are designated under the city's Residential Heritage Program. Located adjacent to downtown Victoria, the community hosts many tourists who visit Victoria, including many who arrive by cruise ship at James Bay's Ogden Point.
James Bay residents value their quality of life; walking through the neighbourhood, along the Dallas waterfront, and through Beacon Hill Park. Community events, community gardens and the summer community market are valued attractions.
Enabling the community to be actively involved in the preservation, rehabilitation and planned development of James Bay, so as to preserve and enhance the quality of the environment and life therein.
Who We Are: What We Do
Who We Are
May 2013 (646 KB)
Victoria Accord - South Block
Legislative Precinct Renewal
Renewal on-line Survey SUMMARY
Click here for
Click here for
Victoria Accord Volume 1 document
November 4, 2013 (1.63 mb)
4, 2013 (3.29 mb)
Harbour in Transition: A Review of
Victoria Harbour land and water uses and the Canada Marine Act
Click here for link
August 19, 2013 (1.77 mb)
Cruise Ship Industry – The Good, Bad & Ugly, CFAX Podcast, June 4th,
Starts at 34 min 40 sec
Click here for the link
Victoria's 2012 Dirty Air Cruise-Ship of the Year Award goes to:
- Team Category:
Click here for the
May 2013 (119KB)
Why do we
have the "Dirty Air Cruise-Ship of the Year Awards"?
on Sulphur Dioxide Monitoring for 2012 May 2013 (842 KB)
If it's being built in James Bay, we have the information.
Click to read more.